Thursday, January 29, 2009

week 9, thing 22

I'd never used any of those programs before, so I first tried Library DV, then Overdrive because i couldn't find anything i wanted to watch, then i went back to Library DV because i had trouble dl'ing the Overdrive console thingy. I just picked whatever film and downloaded it with no problems. The software was already loaded on this computer and it was easy to view & checkout the available programs.

I think these are great programs are good to offer because they're more flexible than just books & dvds. I don't know the price of these services or anything but i'd guess it's more economical than buying each item IRL. Also they take less staff time to process & can be checked out an infinite number of times since they don't wear out.

With a little more exploring i think i'd be able to help patrons, at least with the basics of searching & downloading as long as i revisit it every once in a while for refreshers.

No comments: