Friday, September 12, 2008

Week #4 Register Your Blog

I hope i'm doing this right...

In week one i read about the wiki article about what library 2.0 is. Good thing too, because i read a few references about it while working on OPL's MySpace, but never knew quite what it was. I also watched the slide show about the 7 1/2 Habits of Highly effective learners.

In week two i created this blog and edited my profile.

Since i'm a bit of a "figure it out as i go along" type of person, i reckon step 7 1/2, Play!, will be the easiest for me. With things like MySpace i best learn how to get it to look the way i want by fiddling around until it's the way i want it to be. Although while playing i often use step 6 by finding ideas and tutorials in books and on other sites.

Initially while i was watching the slide show i was torn between steps 2 (because i'm not usually very motivated) and 4 (because i'm always doubting myself), but seeing the first line of this post i think #4 will be my biggest obstacle. Lack of confidence causes me to constantly change my mind and doubt things like whether or not i'll remember what i've learned.

I wouldn't say these first two weeks were "fun", more informative than my idea of fun, but i have high hopes for the week when we really dig in to things like Flikr, Rollyo, and Delicious.

I hope i've made myself clear.

p.s. i'd appreciate the best buy gift card if i complete the program

1 comment:

Librarian Judy said...

Never doubt yourself. Look at all you have accomplished! You are a true Web 2.0 person (that sounds better than geek) and because you love learning, your doubting days are over! I admire how quick you learn.